From our beginnings in 1894, God has blessed us with spiritual as well as physical growth. We've come a long way since those humble beginnings.
The first building was 30-by-40 structure built on the site of present Center United Methodist Church graveyard. It was the result of a meeting in the spring of 1892 of a small group of rural farmers who gathered together to discuss the need for a place to worship. They met each Sunday morning in a small bush arbor near what is now the church graveyard. (A painting of that original structure can be seen in the vestry today. The bell from the first church is still hanging in our belfry, and the first pulpit, built for $5, remains in use in the Goodwill class.)
In 1926 the Church grew after the turn of the 20th century, and by the early 1920's, it was decided that a bigger church was needed. Later that year, land was purchased and a new brick structure was built where the sanctuary stands today.
In 1959 the church had again outgrown it's structure, and plans were made in 1957 to expand and remodel the sanctuary. During construction of the project, worship services were held in Welcome School. In 1959, a beautiful new church was complete.
In 1980 a multi-purpose fellowship hall was built.
2002 featured updates to the fellowship hall basement, adding a large recreation room for the Youth Fellowship and Children's Church, two new youth classrooms, and two new bathrooms.
In 2003 the long-range planning committee outlined the need for a new fellowship hall, and a building committee was elected to start plans for the project. This project was fully completed in 2008.