The Church grew after the turn of the 20th century, and by the early
1920's, it was decided that a bigger church was needed. In 1926,
land was purchased and a new brick structure was built where the
sanctuary stands today.
A new parsonage
was built beside the church.
hut, or fellowship building as it was later called, was built. This
was the meeting place for the Methodist Men, the Methodist Women
and the Methodist Youth Fellowship.
The church had again outgrown it's structure, and plans were made
in 1957 to expand and remodel the sanctuary. During construction
of the project, worship services were held in Welcome School. In
1959, a beautiful new church was complete.
present multi-purpose fellowship hall was built to replace the old
The church purchased 1.26 acres on the west side of the property
to provide for future expansion.
The church celebrated 100 years of serving God with a special Homecoming
A new modern playground facility and fenced area was added.
Clay Morgan arrived at Center United Methodist Church in 2001 as
The fellowship hall basement was finished, adding a large recreation
room for the Youth Fellowship and Children's Church, two new youth
classrooms, a room for the Club Scouts and Boy Scouts and two new
United Methodist was honored by the Western North Carolina Conference
of the United Methodist Church as a Church of Excellence.
long-range planning committee outlined the need for a new fellowship
hall, and a building committee was elected to start plans for the
new chairlift was added, making our church assessible for everyone.
Fellowship Center is completed!
Center Church becomes Incorporated.
Site by SDL Web Design
| Leaders | Minister
| History | Ministries
| Contact | Sunday School
© 2014 Center United Methodist Church | PO Box 179. Welcome, North Carolina 27374 | 186 Center Church Road, Lexington NC, 27295| Pastor Mitch Wilson, Assistant Pastor Eddie Evans